The run-down: Some mothers who didn't want to leave their children at home over the con tried to campaign to be allowed to bring them along, including into screenings. Eventually this morphed into triggerwank and warningwank. See Vividcon and Ableism for details
First-page threads on babbies at Vividcon:
- "Breeders Fuck Everything Up," introducing us to the Naraht thread in which Lauredhel, Elfwreck, and others complain about VVC being "child-unfriendly"
- "Breeders Still Fucking It Up," about Deepad taking it upon herself to speak for everybody at the con to say that children are welcome, and Elfwreck insisting that preventing children from watching NC-17 movies oppresses them
- an untitled thread revealing that Vivid has always buggered llamas
- "With 'Allies' Like This....", about Livii describing her slingbabby as an "aide"
Also involved were Amadi, who compared being a nursing mother to being a wheelchair user (discussion here); and Ruthi, who argued at some_stars' place that banning babies = "limiting women's freedom of movement."
Some later threads on babbies at Vividcon in the first meme post:
- "breeder" vs. childfree wank (page 2)
- A query as to how many of the slingmamas who think their infants won't know what's happening onscreen also played them Beethoven while they were still in utero (page 3)
- "I am going to start calling people 'slingbabies' as an insult now." (page 3)
- Thread covering both the slingbaby wank and the VVC ableism wank: "My grudge is against the rhetoric emerging now that says adults-only spaces (so no kids allowed) or risk-taking spaces (so everyone knows that the warnings in this particular space are likely to be insufficient and/or the amount of triggery content high) are not acceptable. After all, male-only universities weren't acceptable either! Everyone should be comfortable and welcome everywhere! Separate-but-equal is wrong, and this is the same thing as segregation!" (page 5)