On April 8, 2013, a nonny asked,
- Would anyone be interested in a slightly unconventional book club? The way I see it, ffa picks 8/16/whatever books, we read a set amount of pages of two of them each week and vote on the one we like best. The winning book moves on to the next round and so one and so forth until there is only one left.
The next day, nonny decided to go ahead with this project, offering a nomination form. Later came the tournament selection form. On the 13th, it was announced that the following seven books had been chosen:
- Alexandre Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo (original French title: Le Comte de Monte-Cristo)
- C.J. Cherryh - Cyteen
- "Terry Pratchett and that other guy" Good Omens
- Douglas Adams - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (first book only)
- Rosemary Sutcliff - Eagle of the Ninth
- Terry Pratchett - The Amazing Maurice and His Educated Rodents
- Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray
Participants were invited to break a tie for a fourth book by voting for either The Girl Who Would be King or The Epic of Gilgamesh.
As of June 3, 2013, this is the schedule.